Phragmipedium fischerii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phrag-Plus

Reaction score
The petals are more reflex than ever? But I'm glad it did have a staminode this time... Often it came out without it???

fischerii.jpg

They can't all be perfect, but this is a very pretty flower none-the-less.

Is this a vigorous plant for you?

Nice, thanx for posting. I have one that I got in bud months ago and it's not doing anything. Do you put lime or anything in your media?

Always a table spoon of bone meal as a top dressing on each pot at spring time... (pretty soon!) You remind me than I have that to do too....

For fischeri only or for all your phrags?? Do you give 1 tablespoon for a 2.5" square pot? (Sorry, so many questions for you at once!)

For fischeri only or for all your phrags?? Do you give 1 tablespoon for a 2.5" square pot? (Sorry, so many questions for you at once!)

There is no problems, it is a pleasure...
I do put mealbone for all of them at springtime when the growing period is coming up. In my culture area moss is growing on a top of my pot I do pull the moss and put a fine layer of it on the top before to put the moss back. I don't know if live moos is a secret but I always keep it.
Don't put too much mealbone in a 2,5 inches pot I will say a tea spoon...One layer of it.... But I'm sure it doen't harm the plants...

I was scare about how to grow the Pk when I did deflask it because litterature said Pk need more alkalin mix (???)... Because I'm growing in a moss mix (acid) at first and I did put a little bit more of mealbone in my mix. I did not lost any of them and they grow very well on that mix.

Hope it help!

Latest posts

Back