Phragmipedium Eric Young Flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Phragmipedium Eric Young Flavum (besseae flavum x longifolium)

I've probably posted photos of this at least once before. Out of a compot of these guys, this clone was the overall best. The flowers are on the large side for the clone. And while the color of this cross doesn't really meet my "yellow" standards, this one was one of the more yellow in color.

It's a great, vigorous clone. The two divisions I have of it seem to have alternate schedules. When one of them is starting a new growth (and finishing flowering), the other is usually close to maturing a growth and preparing to spike. So, after an initial recovery period after I first divided it, these two have been in bloom almost non-stop.

This is a photo of the first flower on this spike from the smaller of the two divisions.

z2h1tc5l.jpg

lGAcuHul.jpg

This time around, natural spread is approximately 4.5 inches (11.5 - 12 cm).

Thanks all. Yeah, it is a pretty color. Overall, I'm not super impressed with the color, just because at the time I bought it I had real hopes the yellow would be more intense, and obviously that didn't pan out.

It's a keeper for me, though. It doesn't grow too awfully large, and it grows quickly.

Latest posts

Back