Phragmipedium Denis Laperriere

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phragmatic

Blooming size
Reaction score
Phrag. Denis Laperriere (Desormes X Sorcerer's Apprentice)

DSCN2877.jpg

Enjoy!

WOW- that's a very pretty phrag!! Love the colors,elegant shape and the cool lip! Think I need one!!

Very nice photo!

Yay schlimii/sargentianum hybrids!

Was this from Jean-Pierre?

Yes Kevin, this is Jean-Pierre's plant and he was very kind to put my name on it, thanks again Jean-Pierre!!! The photo was taken in his greenhouse, maybe one day, i will get a piece of it:D

You are Denis Laprriere? Congratulations on having a Phrag named after you!:clap:

So, the one in the photo is not actually yours, then?

You are Denis Laprriere? Congratulations on having a Phrag named after you!:clap:

So, the one in the photo is not actually yours, then?

You are right Kevin, i was surprised and honoured that this Phrag hybrid have been name after me by Jean-Pierre. That cross gave him only (3 more or less) seedlings and this one is the first that bloomed and this year, this is the second time it bloomed. That's the reason i don't have that cross yet:sob:, but, at least, i've got the photo!

You have a beautiful name-sake, Dennis.

Is there a base of yellow on the flower, or is it more a creamy white? I wonder, because the background yellow seems to overpower the color of the flower to my eyes, and I can't quite discern the flower color.

What a lovely Phrag!!!! Bravo Jean-Pierre!!!!

Too cool to have your name given to such a beauty Denis!!!!

Tha size should larger than a Hanne Popow with all that Apprentice in it!?

Jean

You have a beautiful name-sake, Dennis.

Is there a base of yellow on the flower, or is it more a creamy white? I wonder, because the background yellow seems to overpower the color of the flower to my eyes, and I can't quite discern the flower color.

Thanks Dot! About the color, i completely agree with you, the fact that i used a yellow background seems to indeed overpower the yellow. The color of the flower is almost, at natural light like in the photo, it is cream but there is a hint of yellow in it. Using other background color, the yellow didn't showed at all.

What a lovely Phrag!!!! Bravo Jean-Pierre!!!!

Too cool to have your name given to such a beauty Denis!!!!

Tha size should larger than a Hanne Popow with all that Apprentice in it!?

Jean

Thanks Jean-Lux! yes the flower size is bigger than a Hanne Popow. For the exact dimensions, we will have to ask Jean-Pierre!

Latest posts

Back