• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phragmipedium caudatum 'Perfection' anyone have this cultiar?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lady slipper

I am an avid orchid fan and have kept orchids for about 13 years. I am currently looking for a nice long-tailed phrag..with really long tails, large
size bloom and compact plant, and easy culture if possible. Any ideas for names please? I would love to find one called- Phrag caudatum 'perfection'...does anyone know where I can find this one? I would love to add it to my collection. Thank you.
(Clay ladyslipper)

WELCOME to the forum lady slipper!
Do you grow phrags or other slippers? Caudatum can be a bit of a challenge to grow but many of it's hybrids are not. Most of the hybrids can be far from compact - Grande is spectacular but you'd better be willing to give up space! You can do a search on this site - under phrag photos & I'm sure there will be plenty you'll fall in love with!

Yes, I own this clone. It is all of the above. Very very long petaled. Very compact plant and very large blooms. Largest I have heard of in a caudatum. How do you know about it?

Yes, I own this clone. It is all of the above. Very very long petaled. Very compact plant and very large blooms. Largest I have heard of in a caudatum. How do you know about it?

I saw this plant on the internet doing a search on phragmipediums. What a
beauty. Are their currently seedlings or divisions of this one available?

WELCOME to the forum lady slipper!
Do you grow phrags or other slippers? Caudatum can be a bit of a challenge to grow but many of it's hybrids are not. Most of the hybrids can be far from compact - Grande is spectacular but you'd better be willing to give up space! You can do a search on this site - under phrag photos & I'm sure there will be plenty you'll fall in love with!

I have only grown one or two crosses. The first one I had was called-
Phrag Warscewiczianum ....'Sibenthal FCC/AOS X Guatamala market. It was
an easy grower, bloomed yearly and I loved it but is no longer available by
the hybridizer. I don't know much about the phrags really but if you can steer to one that would be easy to grow- compact and beautiful I'd appreciate some named cultivars. Thank you.
PHRAG-MAN

I looked at the pictures of this clone when you had posted it earlier. Pretty impressive! This clone looks like it is much darker than any other Phrag. caudatum I have seen. Do you have any close up pictures of the pouch plus staminode?

Robert

I looked at the pictures of this clone when you had posted it earlier. Pretty impressive! This clone looks like it is much darker than any other Phrag. caudatum I have seen. Do you have any close up pictures of the pouch plus staminode?

Robert

I dont but I am sure I could zoom on a 10 megpixel pic. I have a darker one actually and have seen darker but I have not seen one with flowers this large and petals this long. It is longer than most sanderianums

Back