Phragmipedium besseae var Flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you place the flower against a neutral background, you will have better luck capturing the true color.

What colour would constitute a neutral background Dot? - White?

I have taken some more pics today under natural sunlight and this is as near to the real deal as I can get. The colour is almost spot on this time.

besseaevarflavum006.jpg

2012-12-13103333.jpg

besseaevarflavum010.jpg

besseaevarflavum009.jpg

besseaevarflavum011.jpg

besseaevarflavum001.jpg

besseaevarflavum002.jpg

Thanks David. I would if I knew how to. I am going to see what the next blooms is like and then I might well do that - once I know how. I have just checked the colour on the screen against the actual bloom and whilst it is similar the actual bloom is a shade or two darker than the pics but it is still quite close.

This!! :)
BTW, the Post office said 7-10 business days to Denby, I hope that's not too far from you.

Are you sending to to Denby???? I live in London :eek: :rollhappy:

And yes it is almost as pale as in the first set of pics. How does one go about sending out pollen to whoever wants it? Who wants some?:wink:

Last edited:
Great color
I love it self it and we do the rest.

Selfing of Shoes is easy.

Take the pollen and put it on the staminoid, there is a hole I start with that and then pull it around.
The pollen is right if he sticks on something like honey

Great color
I love it self it and we do the rest.

Selfing of Shoes is easy.

Take the pollen and put it on the staminoid, there is a hole I start with that and then pull it around.
The pollen is right if he sticks on something like honey

Thanks Dido.

Do I have to do it now or can selfing still be done when the bloom begins to fade a little - I enjoy looking at it :)

normaly it should not affect it to much.
try if your pollen is right, I have the feeling how faster you start so better you go. At least it is at cyps.
Here are better experts in this forum

What colour would constitute a neutral background Dot? - White?

To get the color perfect you have too choices.
1. set the white balance in your camera by using a white sheet of paper.
2. adjust the color balance after the picture is taken with editing software.

The easiest way to know if the balance is correct is to look at the color of the background. Is the background color matching the actual color of the wall?
On my monitor it looks to be blue-gray in color. But also the leaves on your plant look a little extra blue. So maybe you need to remove a little of the blue in the balance?

Thanks for that Lance. I shall give it a go -if I can. I only have a cheap Samsung digital thing so I am not hopeful of achieving the right results but I'll have a go. I have no editing software.

download Irfanview its free and at least better than nothing.

I like the programm, I think it can such things, but till now no time to luck it up

download Irfanview its free and at least better than nothing.

I like the programm, I think it can such things, but till now no time to luck it up

I guess that this is a software programme for sharpening up images? I shall Google it now. Thanks Dido.

Just downloaded it and I shall have a play around with it. Thanks for that Dido!

always welcome.
Thanks has to go to my EDV expert he told me that,
he thinks it is better and easier then a lot of expensive programms.

Wiow what software was that? It is not a bad interpretation at all although it is actually an avocado green / yellow wall in the background so it is still very pale. I have just taken a pic of your version and the current colour of my besseae and they are not alike at all. The besseae has deepend now so it is a more vibrant yellow which I still like although it is far removed from being anywhere near album now.
2012-12-15152123.jpg

2012-12-15152119.jpg

Latest posts

Back