Phrag "Who Knows"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrag guy

Reaction score
100_0542.jpg

Got this a few years ago,the first plant did not flower sent up a couple of babies,2 spikes this year.
Was labelled Andean Fire

Tag sound like to be ok for me... Got lots of lindleyanum characteristics (scape, flower, and stam...), usually they have a much more rounder bud, this one is very pointed. Is this a variation depending on the besseae used(like Ecuadorian form??) ??? Who knows?

I think it could be Andean Fire (lindleyanum x besseae). The way the flowers are presented it looks a little odd, but if it presented with the petals and dorsal flat vertical to the camera, it might fit Andean Fire quite well. I have seen more than a few over the years, as I am the guy who registered that cross, way back in 1992. G.R. 'Dick' Clements was the originator, I bought several flats of these seedlings from his estate sale after he passed away. I registered the cross after I bloomed a few.

Look at the patterning in the pouch, if it has the lindleyanum/sargentianum/kaiteurum look, most likely lindleyanum is one parent. Color says besseae all the way for the other parent.

From this photo, I would guess Andean Fire.

Latest posts

Back