Phrag. warscewiczianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silvan, Do you have a picture or that plant?

I'm only growing a cross with the warszewiczianum 'Black'.
I suppose it's a popowii/humboldtii since I also have an Ingrid Portilla from
them using their warszewiczianum and kovachii x wallisii is Andean Tears.

I think that if you want to analyze the flower it would be better to go straight to them.

Or maybe Trimorph plants is from them ??

I don't know. I was asking for a picture to see what is it.

Its a small plant. A growth of 2 about 8" tall. I will take photo later. It's from ecuagenera warsewicianum 'fortuna' is the clonal name.

I looked at the list and its listed as warsewicii but the tag says warsewicianum. So perhaps its a popowii.

I do have a plant of ecuageneras caudatum 'Fortuna', now labeled as warscewiczianum 'Fortuna'.
The picture of the blooming they showed at the show was similar to mine popowii (formerly known as warscewiczianum I showed here).
The reason I picked it up anyway was, because the plants had already two growths with a leaf lenght of only 4"-6" and they told me, they are floweringsize and stay that compact. This was 2012, meanwhile the plant is nearly as big as mine popowii and hasn't bloomed yet. I'm pretty sure it is a popowii.

By the way, the fact, that the same plants which were labeled as warscewiczianum, humboltii or caudatum 'Fortuna' are all popowii now imo doesn't change much, because they were the same phenotype anyway. What could become a problem is, that wallisii is warscewiczianum now. So, if I want to get the "old" pale wallisii type, and have to buy a warscewiczianum now, it is doubtful if I will really become a plant formerly known as wallisii or just a misslabeled popowii!

What has happened to the tag wallisii meanwhile, is it lapsed now?

Very nice.

Taxonomic debate aside, did you report it smells like pee?

I have not heard that before...is it definitely the plant and not your medium? I ask this as some kelp and fish emulsions can give off an amonia like smell sometimes confused with urine.

Thanks for posting...nice plant and pic.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Taxonomic debate aside, did you report it smells like pee?

I have not heard that before...is it definitely the plant and not your medium? I ask this as some kelp and fish emulsions can give off an amonia like smell sometimes confused with urine.

Thanks for posting...nice plant and pic.

It was the flower, not the medium, the flower fell of by now. It is a reliable bloomer and It never had noticed that smell before. It appeared when the flower matured. The smell came definitly from the petals and probably the pouch too.
Perhaps it is just caused by an enviromental influence and supposed to be an exception. But its also supposable, that it is part of the attraction of polinators and for whatever reason it could be noticeable boosted.
I will see/smell what the next bloom will be.

Do you think these are all divisions or is 'Fortuna' more of a type description?

I don't think that these are devisions, for sure they are seedlings and at its best 'x self'.

Here's my plant.

Photo%20Apr%2005%2C%207%2036%2032%20PM.jpg

Latest posts

Back