Phrag Penn's Creek Castcade

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Phrag Penn's Creek Cascade

One more spike to come.

orchidsAugust2008021.jpg

orchidsAugust2008015.jpg

Good growing, clearly one happy plant :D I really, really like the softer colours. Much prefer them to the more muddy tones of other long-petalled Phrags.

That's a really nice one and your photos with the soft light are very good and show it in an appropriate way.
The only thing I don't like on photos are stakes ore staked flower spikes. I would remove the stakes before I'd take the photo but that's my personal opinion.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

That's a really nice one and your photos with the soft light are very good and show it in an appropriate way.
The only thing I don't like on photos are stakes ore staked flower spikes. I would remove the stakes before I'd take the photo but that's my personal opinion.

I agree, but in some cases, the stakes are needed to display the flowers for the photo. How would you have done it differently (so we can all take better pictures)?

I prefer the second pic for having a better presentation. All the flowers are centered and facing the same way. Also the stakes are hidden more. The stakes could of been shorter to not show above the flower spikes.
I have the same problem with Phrag Grande, weak stems and heavy flowers. I like to let the flower spike develop naturally and only stake after 1 1/2 to 2 flowers have opened. Granted the presentation is very horzonal and gives a very broad plant, hard to move a round in the GH but it's worth the sacrifice!

Back