Phrag. Memoria Garren Weaver... or not??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikefallen13

Reaction score
Okay,
I purchased this from eBay a while back and it decided to put out a spike for me, which is nice but I'm beginning to doubt the tag is correct. I'd think pearcei x wallisii (or whatever wallisii is currently called) would be very light in color with green, white and pink flowers which was confirmed with a quick google search but as pictured, this plant has red petals. The petals, as well as the color and pattern of dots in the pouch makes me think whatever this is has sargentianum in its parentage. I'm going to contact the seller about this but just wanted to get some other opinions first. Any ideas what this is?

I agree with your assessment, though admittedly there is some margin for error.

The petals are a little too short, a little to chunky, and a little more colorful than expected. Plus the lip/pouch have a little more color than normal.

Well after some searching on google I'm pretty sure I have a match, Phrag. Demetria (caudatum x sargentianum) which looks almost identical to my plant.

Latest posts

Back