Phrag. Memoria Estelle Getty -3rd seedling-

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

This is the 3rd seedling to bloom from this cross (longifolium x fischeri). I think it is the best one thus far. It has the best form and best color. I like the dark colors of the pouch, and the synsepal and staminodal shield are a nice contrasting white. I also like that the petals are white towards the base, and turn darker in color towards the edges and tips. I think there will be some nice ones out of this cross. I already backcrossed it to Phrag. fischeri!

PhragMemoriaEstelleGetty-close-9102.jpg

PhragMemoriaEstelleGetty-side-91020.jpg

PhragMemoriaEstelleGetty-pouch-9102.jpg

Robert

Yes they are still small. I think they probably will stay pretty compact due to the fischeri influence. You know that there is no besseae in here right? So are you sure you want one?? To make you happy I will cross it to a besseae.

Robert

Yay fischeri hybrids!

Fantastic cross!:clap::drool: I liked the second cross you had - very subtle. This one is intense! Is it comparable in size to Eric Young? (seeing as Eric Young is long. x besseae, and this one is long. x fischeri, it can't be far off).

Yay fischeri hybrids!

Fantastic cross!:clap::drool: I liked the second cross you had - very subtle. This one is intense! Is it comparable in size to Eric Young? (seeing as Eric Young is long. x besseae, and this one is long. x fischeri, it can't be far off).

Yes, it is pretty close in size to a Eric Young.

Robert

I like that one, intense colouration, I’m very surprise how different the petals are compare to those in Sedenii... I toughed it will be much closer than that...... Very interesting!
Yes! Primary hybrids!
I can't stand to see mine, I did use my 4n longifolium with 29 cm petals width, hope it will be that colourful.... I cross my fingers!

Latest posts

Back