Phrag. Lucy Robbins

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Sorcerer's Apprentice x wallisii

I sure hope this blooms better next time!!!

Phrag_LucyRobbins.jpg

"Dot, the flower, even though a little odd, doesn't seem to match the name you give". Roy

Agree with this coment. It needs some schlimii or fisherii to have this colors.

It looks like some necrotic streaking or something is in the plant browning and keeping the pouches from opening. The color looks good and maybe that third bud will be free of the problem. :D

"Dot, the flower, even though a little odd, doesn't seem to match the name you give". Roy

Agree with this coment. It needs some schlimii or fisherii to have this colors.
Could very well be -- I got this plant from the same place as another one that Leo corrected the name for.

I thought some might be interested in how the other flowers have been opening. The second flower (left) to open had a weird pouch, but the third looks pretty normal:

Phrag_LucyRobbins2.jpg

:D I like it whatever it is. Mine's in spike, will be an interesting comparison. I got mine from Leo last fall.

Hi Dot,
Here is my Lucy Robbins for comparison.... (Sorc. Apprentice x wallisii)

LucyRobbin1.jpg

None of the parent are suppose to have pink color influence....Your flower looks like having some schlimii influence in it???

Hi Dot,
Here is my Lucy Robbins for comparison.... (Sorc. Apprentice x wallisii)
None of the parent are suppose to have pink color influence....Your flower looks like having some schlimii influence in it???
Definitely can see both parents in yours. I have no idea what mine really is -- I got it when Oak Hill had their big Phrag sale a couple of years ago. So far, of the ones that have bloomed, two don't appear to be what their names say. One was ID'd by Leo, but this one is a mystery. Pretty, I think, but a mystery.

Yes, very pretty once it started opening normal blooms - I'd definately keep such a pretty mystery around :)

Latest posts

Back