Phrag. longifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trimorph

Reaction score
This Phrag longifolium is blooming for me since November 2012.
Never the less I repotted the plant today because it was growing out of the pot and took the chance to take a picture.
The Flowers are really huge, wingspan is about 20cm, as you can see in the last picture. The length of the full mature leaves is up to 70cm.
But the coloration is a more reddish than it appears on the pictures.

20130315-155745-376.jpg

20130315-155757-826.jpg

20130315-155809-683.jpg

Best regards,
Trimorph

That's a nice shape and there is possibly more red than the photos show. One of my favourite phrags. I do have a large plant which throws many growths every year so come winter, I cut the spikes to give it a rest. I now have 5 mature growths all throwing new spikes and the plant looks better for it including the foliage. It does grow fast so the shouldn't take long to get to a multigrowth plant.

Nice growing!

Gary
UK

A big plant can stay in continuous bloom for years.

This one has a nice big flower.:clap:

Maybe they should have named this species longiflorum.

Very nice one. I like the close flowering habit.

Congrats, very nice!!!!
I'd like to ask some advice for this specie. I will get an alba form NBS size within few weeks but I don't want to kill them (it was fairy expensive).

Many thanks for help: Istvan

Hi dodidoki,

as fahr as I can say, longifolium is very easy to grow.
I keep it moist all the time and it's placed in a temperated, semishade location. But a brighter place without direkt sunlight would be as that good or even better.

Trimorph

Latest posts

Back