Phrag. Les Dirouillues

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mkline3

Here is an orchid no longer in my collection. I bought it from Norman's Orchids thanksgiving of 2007. It was a great flower, but since it had been a somewhat foolish impulse buy I put it in the orchid swap at my local club once it was finished blooming.

I just came across the pic this morning while looking for somthing else, and now I wish I hadn't traded it :mad:

Oh well. :(

Attachments

• den 398.jpg
    den 398.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 34
  • den 405.jpg
    den 405.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 9
  • den 408.jpg
    den 408.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 7
The "swap" was of the "put one plant on the communal table and take one plant from someone else" variety, so I don't know who got it. I did get some nice plants though from the general chaos of the swap, in fact I have already rebloomed some of them, which is more then I could say for any of my other phrags. So maybe just as well. :)

Hey, I like that communal swap idea. Did people in your orchid club like it? How did it work exactly - was it just a free-for-all, or did you get to select one at a time? Has anyone else done something like this?

It was somewhat organized. We all brought in plants and got a random number. Then somone picked numbers out of a hat and the person whose number was called got to pick one plant. Most people brought more then one plant so people got to get rid of stuff the bought on impluse (me) or somthing they just couldn't get to bloom (also me with my enc. polybulbon). I think I brough thome 4 or 5 plants.

Somone brought in a brassia with a few spikes, and of course it was snatched up first. But in the net two months people, including me, people brought in what they had got in the swapped and got to bloom for the show table. (Somewhat to the disbelief of the people who had swapped the plants!)

Latest posts

Back