Phrag. La Vivace Epicure Phyllis D. Turner

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
klotzscheanum 'Little Princess' x pearcei

Phrag_LaVivaceEpicure-09.jpg

I like the way Dot's picture captured the staminode. It is intermediate between the typical pearci 'eyebrows' and the Klotzscheanum 'horns'. Nicely done Dot, your photo leaves no doubt as to the parentage of the cross.

Dot,

Very lovely!

How large is the flower and leaf span?

Not big. The flower is a touch less than 2" from pouch tip to top of flower. The tips of the petals are just over 3" apart from each other. The leaves are about 12" in length, quite narrow, like pearcei.

It's so beautiful and much different from most phrags in color. If our weather ever warms up enough to ship plants, that will be my first purchase, even tho I promised myself...NO MORE PHRAGS. YOU DID SAY THIS IS A SMALL PLANT, DIDN'T YOU?

Marilyn

It's so beautiful and much different from most phrags in color. If our weather ever warms up enough to ship plants, that will be my first purchase, even tho I promised myself...NO MORE PHRAGS. YOU DID SAY THIS IS A SMALL PLANT, DIDN'T YOU?

Marilyn
Just wait until you see what I get from Marilyn LeDoux and OZ! :evil:

I'm reviving this thread because this plant received an HCC/AOS award this past weekend at the Greater Lansing Orchid Society show.

And I have a question for Robert:
Can you tell me a little about the name? The judges are curious, and so am I!

Latest posts

Back