Phrag. Jason Fischer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
This is a Jason Fischer from Orchids Limited, so I guess it's a true Jason Fischer ;)

The parents are besseae 'Rick Hunter' x Mem. Dick Clements 'Red Wing'. I bought it about a year ago and it has been a fast grower. It's the first blooming for this plant. The flower is a little small but I like the form. The color isn't bad for this time of year (still not cool enough in Tennessee to get good color).

e-spice

IMG_1218.JPG

Yes! The form is excellent for a first time bloom! Of course, as you say, the colour will intensify as the temps get cooler. At the height of summer, my red-flowered Phrags always look pale; but, the colour comes right back when it gets cooler again. This JF is a keeper. When that is 4 or 5 growths with lots of roots, this is going to be a stunning beauty!

Very nice!

I just realised I have this cross and very nearly lost it. It went down to one small leaf no more than half an inch long almost buried in the media. But it came back and now has three larger leaves plus one coming up.

We haven't seen too many of these posted lately, but I never get tired of looking at them.:clap:

I have not seen a bad Jason Fischer yet.
Very nice flower.

Latest posts

Back