Phrag hirtzii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay!

flowers030.jpg

flowers025.jpg

flowers031.jpg

Whoa! :drool: You don't get to see this one often. You bloomed it, now you have to tell us how you grow it:poke:

Nice spike!!!! Is the plant growing outside the pot???? Nice flowers, too!!!!

how are you growing it? mine needs your help!

Nothing special here. I grow mine with the rest of the phrags, in full sun, in a really open mix (packing peanuts about an inch at the bottom of the pot) and then sitting in 3/4 of an inch of water that is being circulated and filtered with a pump. They are given MSU and RO water and an occasional oyster top dressing. Good luck with yours!

That's pretty wild. Hirtzii is supposed to be a big acid lover, and it seems like you push the pH closer to neutral.

This might be an exceptional clone. You better breed it!!

That's pretty wild. Hirtzii is supposed to be a big acid lover, and it seems like you push the pH closer to neutral.

This might be an exceptional clone. You better breed it!!

Yeah, was planning on breeding it (two more spikes on the way and 10+ new growths). It's funny how some plants work... you try doing everything right and they suffer and then the you give up on them, throw 'em in a corner, and give them no more special treatment they perk up and bloom. :confused:

Latest posts

Back