phrag. haroldeen quintal

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l8dbug

Sara Brownthumb
Reaction score
phrag. haroldeen quintal This one was ugly when it first opened. I thought it would be the redheaded step child of my collection. The pouch was smushed the left petal was all twisted back. I wish I would have taken a picture then, because the next day the petal straightened out and the pouch rounded out. It must have heard me call it ugly and threaten to get rid of it, because now it’s the most beautiful orchid I have. It’s so tiny and cute too!
tumblr_mzvycznlL01s9o40so3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzvycznlL01s9o40so1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mzvycznlL01s9o40so2_r1_1280.jpg

love the pouch too. With it's parentage it even might hold more
flowers at the same time in subsequent flowerings.
Is it me or the pictures are Huuuuuuge ?

I see potential. The next opening flower, if it doesn't release the entire dorsal but only half like this one gently encourage the half to release. You will have far less twisting of the dorsal after it fully opens up the next time.

I see potential. The next opening flower, if it doesn't release the entire dorsal but only half like this one gently encourage the half to release. You will have far less twisting of the dorsal after it fully opens up the next time.

I didn't see it really have trouble with the dorsal. The left petal did get stuck. I used a pencil to release it, the it curled back away from the pouch. I set it right next to the humidifier all night and it ended up looking like the picture. I'm pretty impressed at how much it has improved since just opening. It's a really small plant, this is the first blooming. I'm sure it will get better.

Back