Phrag Grande 'Select'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

johnndc

This one has been creeping up for months. I got it years ago at Hausermann's, and it's hated me up until last winter when suddenly, inexplicably, the roots took off like banshees and haven't let up. I think this might be one of Tom Kalina's plants (Fox Valley), not sure - the Hausermann people told me that "select" was one of the names Tom uses. Tom?

I'll keep you posted as it blooms.

I think that isn't a clonal name so much as a 'this is one of the nice ones' designation. I don't recall Tom ever using "Select" as a clonal name. His usually have Fox Valley in them somewhere. Does Tom read this group?

littlefrog said:
I think that isn't a clonal name so much as a 'this is one of the nice ones' designation. I don't recall Tom ever using "Select" as a clonal name. His usually have Fox Valley in them somewhere. Does Tom read this group?

Unfortunately, no (though he's been invited to). I was told he didn't want to hurt you-know-who's feelings. :rolleyes:

John, your Grande looks great! Grand even. I look forward to seeing it in full bloom soon!

Latest posts

Back