Phrag Grande "Maybrook"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubyslippers

Reaction score
I am home from the Tulsa Orchid Society Show with my first phrag! I bought a Grande "Maybrook" in spike! There was one in the show that was all bloomed out and I just fell in love. Can't wait to watch the thing unfurl.

I also bought a Bulldog paph--a California Girl Sweetie x In Charm Lipstick in bloom, a paph supersuii Eureka Raisen Pie Hsing in bloom and an Onc Mendenhall Hildos. And brought back a Raisen Pie paph for my sister.

Whew! A lot of names there. Why don't they have their own names? I assume because the cross isn't popular enough or something, but what do I know. I just know I am so happy with my purchases. I saw a lot more I wanted but narrowed it down to these due to space and money. I ordered a Besseae, a schlimii, and a lowii from Papness, so I think I am out of room.

Congrats -- I'm looking forward to photos.

If a hybrid doesn't have a name, it's because the hybridizer hasn't named it yet. Sometimes they wait to see whether it's a successful cross before they register a name, but sometimes they don't want to bother.

BTW -- you'll soon find out there's always room for one more..... ;)

"I also bought ... a paph supersuii Eureka Raisen Pie Hsing in bloom"

This is Paph Hsinying Alien, which is (Paph. Supersuk ‘Eureka’ AM/AOS x Paph. Raisin Pie ‘Hsinying’) x sib. Most likely yours has beautiful, mottled foliage which may or may not have a tinge of dark purple at the base or underside of the leaf.

It gets 110 points on the 100-point scale for 'easy to grow'.

Latest posts

Back