Phrag. Fritz Schomburg 'Rascal's Choice' Am/Aos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice,
I like the red coloration!
Never the less the shape is great too.

Congrats on the award -- certainly one of the best kovachii hybrid yet. Your photo is beautiful, and very symbolic, I think -- it is in a shrine.:clap:

Last edited:
Very nice, congrats on the award. Yay besseae hybrids! Is the "Rascal" in this case our favorite curmudgeon from Monck's Corner?

Hi Eric - I didn't know someone at Orchidview went by the nickname "rascal". In this case I'm referring to someone else.

Its is very difficult to not attribute an award at a such nice flower! Congratulation for your award.

BTW, is this made with besseae flavum?

We had ones that came from H.P. Norton as well that looked like this plant, and they were made with a regular besseae. There were rumors (and I don't know if it is true), that he used a 4N red besseae to make these Phrag. Fritz Schomburg's. The plants out of this cross were all more "Peach" colored and had great shape (They basically looked like a giant besseae). We have some other Phrag. Fritz Schomburg's made with a red bessseae, and they tended to have darker colors, that were more dark pink to magenta in color, but that did not have as good as a shape as this one. The ones made with besseae flavum were lighter pink in color.

Robert

Back