Phrag fischeri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, i heard it too, this is the new crazy....fischerii, manzuri, even anguloi and andreettae, all are schlimis. Few weeks and we will wake for the news that kovachii turns to schlimii.🤦🤦🤦
<Comment deleted as being inappropriate for civil discussions.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly. If you're going to be an ass about it write me privately. I am happy to educate you.
I think all who want to learn about that will read your words here happily. I m curious. A man from British Orchid Society told that all phrags mentioned above are shlimii ( of course kovachi is exeption)

I think all who want to learn about that will read your words here happily. I m curious. A man from British Orchid Society told that all phrags mentioned above are shlimii ( of course kovachi is exeption)
You, and everyone else can, and many have, read the formal reduction of fischeri into the synonymy of schlimii in the Orchid Digest in 2020 and 2021. I have given my schlimii talk many times, the British Paphiopedilum Society is the most recent, and it has always been very well received and many societies have asked for that talk and many publications around the world have reprinted those articles.

My lectures and those articles are detailed. I again invite everyone to, in fact, read the words, evaluate the photos, and accompany me on my next trip to Colombia to see for themselves.

Fischeri is formally a synonym of schlimii. If you are unhappy with that, present evidence to the contrary. Being sarcastic with me does not change natural realities and the dubious history of this name.

Best,

Last edited:
You, and everyone else can, and many have, read the formal reduction of fischeri into the synonymy of schlimii in the Orchid Digest in 2020 and 2021. I have given my schlimii talk many times, the British Paphiopedilum Society is the most recent, and it has always been very well received and many societies have asked for that talk and many publications around the world have reprinted those articles.

My lectures and those articles are detailed. I again invite everyone to, in fact, read the words, evaluate the photos, and accompany me on my next trip to Colombia to see for themselves.

Fischeri is formally a synonym of schlimii. If you are unhappy with that, present evidence to the contrary. Being sarcastic with me does not change natural realities and the dubious history of this name.

I am guessing mature private conversation is not going to happen.

Best,
Excuse me if i hurt you. I m just wondering about evidences. Genetical, DNA analysis etc.
How about another species, manzurii, andreettae, anguloi?

hi,

I grow schlimii and fischeri since many years, I think that are two diffeent species, I noticed the newly notes that fischeri is only an schlimii but do not believe
sorry but these are two different things

Attachments

• phragm. fischeri  071 (2).JPG
    phragm. fischeri 071 (2).JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 0
  • phragm. schlimii  10025.JPG
    phragm. schlimii 10025.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 0
hi,

I grow schlimii and fischeri since many years, I think that are two diffeent species, I noticed the newly notes that fischeri is only an schlimii but do not believe
sorry but these are two different things
Thank you Hilmar, I think so. There is a narrow territory where two sp. overlap and may be few intermediate form emerged from natural hybridisation.

Latest posts

Back