Phrag. fischeri 'Pink Sorbet'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

A Phrag. species, you still don't see too often: Phrag. fischeri. This is a a selfing of the original clone that was used to describe Phrag. fischeri. I looked it up, and the seedpod was made back in February of 1997! so I am guessing this plant is at least 11 to 12 years old.

Flower:
PhragfischeriPinkSorbet912010.jpg

Whole plant:
PhragfischeriPinkSorbet-plant-912010.jpg

Robert

Sorry, in my book fischeri is the best phrag species ever. Even considering Pk. Am I nuts? Probably. I just like Pf. It's cute, fuzzy, fun, compact plant...

Dear Robert,
could you show us also the sideview and the backside of, for showing that it is not crippled like the type.

Best greetings

Olaf

Dear Robert,
could you show us also the sideview and the backside of, for showing that it is not crippled like the type.

Best greetings

Olaf

Sorry Olaf, I already crippled the flower, as I sibbed it onto another fischeri. Next time it blooms I will take some more pics.

Robert

Sorry, in my book fischeri is the best phrag species ever. Even considering Pk. Am I nuts? Probably. I just like Pf. It's cute, fuzzy, fun, compact plant...

Speaking of PK, has it been crossed with fischeri? I'm curious what the flowers would look like; unfortunately it would negate one of PK's two biggest assets: flower size (the other being color).

Speaking of PK, has it been crossed with fischeri? I'm curious what the flowers would look like; unfortunately it would negate one of PK's two biggest assets: flower size (the other being color).

Don't have a picture of it, but yes it has been done. It basically looks like a darker Phrag. Eumelia Arias (schlimii x kovachii), with perhaps some better shape to it; thus far of all the kovachii hybrids, Eumelia Arias has the most purple flowres, unfortunately it also has the smallest flowers, but what is nice, is that it has a nice compact plant habit.

Phrag. Eumelia Arias:

PhragEumeliaAriasPinkPanther-close1-11172009.jpg

Plant:

PhragEumeliaArias5192010.jpg

Robert

Latest posts

Back