Phrag. ecuadorense - 2 clones

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
I love this tiny species. These are my 2 favourite clones. The first, 'Charlie' has a very large flower for the species and the other 'Si' has flowers about half the size of 'Charlie'. The 'Si' clone is also very vigorous and seems to be in bloom all the time.

Phrag. ecuadorense 'Charlie'
7564.jpg

Phrag. ecuadorense 'Si'
7565.jpg

:clap::clap: Gosh darn! wish mine would bloom! So darn cute & they take up such little space. I moved mine to an area of more light, hope that helps!

Thanks everyone!

:clap::clap: Gosh darn! wish mine would bloom! So darn cute & they take up such little space. I moved mine to an area of more light, hope that helps!
Hint: I have found this species to be a "long-day" plant. Under lights for a minimum of 12 hours a day in the house, it blooms as each growth matures, all year 'round. In the greenhouse, the plants will continue to produce new growths; but, new flower spike initiation stops until the days start to get longer again. Also, Cattleya light intensity levels seem to be a requirement too.

Both are nice, but I adore the first one! If you should ever have any divisions, then please put me down for one!

Latest posts

Back