Phrag. Dreamsicle 'Peach Dream'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Following is a picture of my very first Phrag. hybrid that I ever made and registered. I registered it back in 2003. It is a hybrid between Phrag. Robert Palm flavum and Phrag. Jason Fischer.

PhragDreamsiclePeachDream32732009.jpg

Robert

The Robert Palm sure diluted the color of Jason Fischer. Did you get much seed from this cross?

Nope. Phrag. Jason Fischer has proven to be a reluctant breeder, and if it does breed, I only get a few seedlings to germinate. I think in this case I probably got about 5 seedlings. The only good thing with Phrag breeding, is that even though you get a few seedlings to germinate, you still can get a lot of plants as usually each seedling will proliferate into multiple plants.

Robert

Nope. Phrag. Jason Fischer has proven to be a reluctant breeder, and if it does breed, I only get a few seedlings to germinate. I think in this case I probably got about 5 seedlings. The only good thing with Phrag breeding, is that even though you get a few seedlings to germinate, you still can get a lot of plants as usually each seedling will proliferate into multiple plants.

Robert
Are you saying Clones?

Robert

Thats good from a commercial aspect, but not from a breeders prespective. I'm sure you would prefer to bloom more plants so that you could be more selective in case you wanted to use them for future breeding.

Kyle

Thats good from a commercial aspect, but not from a breeders prespective. I'm sure you would prefer to bloom more plants so that you could be more selective in case you wanted to use them for future breeding.

Kyle
Your point is important Kyle but I'm also wondering about the twenty or so clones out there that get awarded and with twenty different names!

Back