Phrag. Devil Fire

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Another long petalled Phrag. Devil Fire = Grande x popowii

PhragDevilFire6222009.jpg

PhragDevilFire-side-6222009.jpg

Robert

Very pretty! I am a little surprised it isn't darker though.

e-spice

I was too, I have noticed there is some variation in color. Another one is opening that is turning out darker in color (I may post a picture later).

Robert

That's nice. It's interesting how much influence longifolium has on the flowers; but, caudatum and popowii seem to have brought down the size of the foliage.

That's nice. It's interesting how much influence longifolium has on the flowers; but, caudatum and popowii seem to have brought down the size of the foliage.

I thought the same thing. Even though it is only 25% longifolium, it appears to have more longifolium influence than Grande typically has (which is 50% longifolium).

e-spice

Great!!! They look like drunk friends sitting on a bench...:p!!!haha
Very nice colours!!!!!!

Very beautiful! I have seen a number of them and there is definitely a wide variation in color!

Was the parent Grande a dark one? I'm also surprised it's not darker.

The Grande was a regular (green) form. I almost think this plant got a double dose of Grande genes (due to an unreduced gamete), as it looks to me like the ploidy level is different compared to the other seedlings. Like I said earlier another seedling opened from the same cross, with much darker flowers, but the substance of the flowers and the leaves on this plant are much thicker, leading me to think it got more Grande genes, and thus it resembles more it's Grande parent.

Robert

Latest posts

Back