Phrag dalessandroi x conchiferum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
Hi all,

I saw this cross dalessandroi x conchiferum on ebay ,
Does any one have a flower photo of this cross ?
Do we expect a
-more red like MDM=besseae x sargentianum
or
-less red like Eric Young=besseae x longifolium
or
-another besseae hybrid? which one ? and do you have a photo of a similar cross?
the reason I ask is I like to buy a besseae hybrid that more saturated red and Eric young is kind of too washed-out for me

Hien, I saw the plant on eBay also. I don't think it will be deep red like you prefer. If you want, there may be a way to get some of the crosses from Phrag-Plus for you. Let me know.

Hien, I saw the plant on eBay also. I don't think it will be deep red like you prefer. If you want, there may be a way to get some of the crosses from Phrag-Plus for you. Let me know.
Hi Eric ,
1) The reason that I was thinking about it is that it is made with dalessandroi, and you mentioned at another post that dalessandroi hybrids having growths that more compact (unlike besseae hybrids) also they will put out more flower branches .
Hybrids from either ones sometimes have flower buds that very red from the outside but kind of pale inside , so the flower's face that you look at is actually more pink and not saturated red.
Phrag-Plus?

Dalessandroi hybrids are not more compact but rather are less stolonous, the plants can get huge. Phrag-Plus is J.P. Faust, one of the major hybridizers of Phrags, Just search for threads started by him in the Phrag photos section.

Latest posts

Back