Phrag christiansenianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
Another one of the diminutive species and certainly not much widespread in collections. I received my division from Franz Glanz,
the cultivar is '"Hans BM/DOG". Enjoy!

20080725-161400-655.jpg

Best wishes, Carsten

Very nice, you do not see that very often. Do you have a sargentianum or lindleyanum in bloom at the moment? If so, you should cross them together. The reason that I ask, is because I think that what I have been calling Phrag. brasiliense might be christiansenianum x sargentianum (I think you are the one that gave me the idea, when we were talking about brasiliense earlier), so I am curious to see what this hybrid would look like. If the resulting hybrid does look like brasiliense, brasiliense actually may be a natural hybrid between the two, as both species occur in the same area, and what we know as brasiliense has been around before christiansenianum was described, so it cannot be a manmade hybrid between the two.

brasiliense.jpg

Robert

Very nice, you do not see that very often. Do you have a sargentianum or lindleyanum in bloom at the moment? If so, you should cross them together. The reason that I ask, is because I think that what I have been calling Phrag. brasiliense might be christiansenianum x sargentianum (I think you are the one that gave me the idea, when we were talking about brasiliense earlier), so I am curious to see what this hybrid would look like. If the resulting hybrid does look like brasiliense, brasiliense actually may be a natural hybrid between the two, as both species occur in the same area, and what we know as brasiliense has been around before christiansenianum was described, so it cannot be a manmade hybrid between the two.
Robert

Hi Robert,
I don't have sargentianum or lindleyanum at all, and I haven't kept pollen from christiansenianum (Aaargh!), sorry. The plant is out of flower by now. Well, missed chances. I'll certainly keep pollen next time (I'll remember this thread),

best wishes, Carsten

Back