Phrag. Carrefour Selous

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
First time I posted on this forum was to ask if anyone could direct me to a photo of Phragmipedium Carrefour Selous. Never got any. Then why not show mine flowering for the first time. Now the Net has one. :p

PhragCarrefourSellous.jpg

I would guess that the grex name is a persons name.

It's interesting that the wallisii (warszewiczianum) has washed out the color from sargentianum (lindleyanum) .You gotta love the recent taxonomic changes!

:clap: :drool: Nice!
Is there a meaning/translation in the name?

I have no idea about the origin of the name. I bought the plant at a raffle sale a couple years back. This phrag is a division coming from the Montreal Botanic Garden. Next time I meet Denis, from the Garden, I will ask. I believe he is a member of this forum, though I'm not sure of it. :)

Phrag. lindleyanum var. sargentianum x Phrag. caudatum var. wallisii

Phragmipedium Carrefour Selous Eric Young Orchid Foundation
registered 10-Nov-2004.

salut Michel

:clap: :drool: Nice!
Is there a meaning/translation in the name?

Google is my friend; it's a city,town, village? in Jersey, which is where Eric Young Orchid Foundation is located (Victoria Village, Trinity, Jersey)

Thanks! GaryB. Went on Google Earth and saw the place with all the greenhouses.

Nice flower Michel, but....??? 100% sure it is not a lindleyanum or sargentianum hybrid...
If it comes from the MBG it is a Deliverance or a Mount Fallu, looks like a Deliverance for me...

The spotting inside the pouch doesn't look like Mont Fallu to me. But it does look like there is longifolium in it -- pouch shape.

Nice flower Michel, but....??? 100% sure it is not a lindleyanum or sargentianum hybrid...
If it comes from the MBG it is a Deliverance or a Mount Fallu, looks like a Deliverance for me...

Checked picture of Deliverance and it does look very much alike.:rolleyes:

Which means we still don't have a picture of the real Carrefour Selous. :confused:

Thanks! Jean-Pierre. I'll need to print a new label for that plant. ;)

The only long petals crosses divisions i've been offering at the MBG sale were Phrag Louis Gaucher (sargentianum X lindenii) and Phrag Deliverance, all crosses from JP so, according to your photo, i agree with JP, there's not much sargentianum influence in that cross. Chances are pretty good it might be a Phrag Deliverance.

BTW, this is a nice one!

Latest posts

Back