Phrag. Carrefour Selous (sargentianum x wallisii)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
This is my first post.

Has anyone got a picture of :

Phrag. Carrefour Selous (sargentianum x wallisii)?

M

:clap: WELCOME!
Sounds like a nice one that I haven't heard or seen!
Tell us about yourself!

Hi Shive, and welcome!

It looks like the Eric Young Foundation created this cross. Maybe our Olaf Gruss knows something about a photo of it. There isn't even one posted on phragweb yet!

Carrefour Selous

It is indeed from the EYF.
As for myself, I began growing orchids in the late 70s with a hiatus of about 15 years until about 1999, Like many, I have grown all kinds of orchids and plants and I'm now mostly interested in phrags, masdevallias and draculas, as well as phalaenopsis with a few samples of other generas in between. I grow mostly cold tolerating plants in a greenhouse. I'm a member of the Montreal Orchid Society (French society) and currently editor of the society's newsletter, L'Orchidofilière. I'm a retired journalist but I keep on writing, while I take care of my plants and my two cats. I always thought cats went well with orchids. They're all beautiful.

Michel

Very nice, Michel! I'm glad to see another retired person here. I'm the editor of our society's newsletter, also. I guess we have time, although I often wonder how I ever had time to work full-time!

Masdies & dracs are my latest obsession! :smitten:
How many do you have? Do you have a favorite?

Welcome Michel! Phrags and Masdevallias are favourites of mine too. I'll look forward to seeing your photos. Hopefully someone can help you with that photo you're looking for.

Hi Goldenrose
I got about a hundred Masdies and Dracs, last count. Vlad-Tepes and Polyphemus are two of my favorites, but I still have some that haven't flowered yet. I got a new Masdevallia lucernula and I hope this one will flower. I have another one that's been trying hard to die for the last three years. I'll keep it until the last leaf goes to hell or heaven. I'm an optimist... most days.

Michel

Bien le bonjour Michel!!!! Welcome from Luxembourg!!! Here is one more very interested in seeing pics of your masdis and draculas! Jean

Yes, so people, send in your photos! I know a lot of the plants listed on Rob's site exist, so send him your photos! Especially if you were the creator of the hybrid. There are lots of blank pages.

Latest posts

Back