Phrag brasiliense (?)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richgarrison

Reaction score
interesting day today....

(bare with me)

A member posted a pict of a very nice Fritz Schomberg in the photographs phrag forum from OL. which sent me shopping... and of course i had to poke around....

the first page of the Phrag listings included 2 different Phrag brasiliense offerings...

OK you say ya....

well i have a plant i purchased from John at OZ in 2013ish, that was an old plant allegedly (because of the tag) form Terry's wifes' private collection. It was in flower i loved it bought a division...

I also own Patti McHale pouch shape is completely different....

this thread from 2006 (https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/phrag-brasiliense.1318/) discussed the origin and validity of the species or natural hybrid (?)

Has anyone closed the book on this conversation? is the existence and provenance of my plant new information that could help in the discussion? (if there still 20190316_154603sml.jpg 20190316_154553sml.jpg is one)

(and apologies if this is just noise :) )

Unless someone does some genetic testing on the 2 "original" clones, this issue isn't going to get resolved.

I am of the opinion that it's an artificial hybrid and should not be sold as a species or natural hybrid.

Latest posts

Back