Phrag. Barbara LeAnn 'Hot Hot Hot'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

I can't remember if I ever posted a picture of this clone; I think it is one of the best Barbara LeAnn's (= besseae x fischeri) that we have. We have never taken it to judging yet, but maybe some day....

I decided to cross this one with the second seedling of Phrag. Mem. Estelle Getty (= longifolium x fischeri), to get something that is similar in shape to a Phrag. Don Wimber, but that will be hot pink in color, with perhaps some white towards the center of the flower.

PhragBarbaraLeAnnHotHotHot812008.jpg

Robert

No not yet, but we do have some triploids, made with besseae 'Rob's Choice' AM/AOS (4N). One of our fischeri's may be a tetraploid, I have tried using it to remake Barbara LeAnn (with 'Rob's Choice') but have not got anything yet.

Robert

Wow! Now that's nice! The cross you're talking about should be really good. I like the pink and white crosses (and hot pink!). There needs to be more breeding with schlimii and fischeri.

Attack of the killer besseae is forthcoming! :viking:

You can have the besseae hybrids - I'll take the schlimii and fischeri crosses. And by the way, I'm calling this Barbara LeAnn a fischeri cross.:poke:

This is a very nice flower! Intense coloration and very round shape...
Did the fischerii is the pod parent on this cross?

No, the besseae was the pod parent. Phrag. fischeri self-pollinates, so we rarely use it as a pod parent when we use if for hybridizing.

Robert

Latest posts

Back