Mislabelled? Waunakee Sunset or Barbara Leann x self?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dandrobium

Reaction score
I picked up this plant a couple years back at auction, and now that its in bloom, I'm thinking this particular plant is a selfing of the Barbara Leann 'Hot Hot Hot' parent. Just wanted to confirm with you folk, so I can confidently 'rebrand' this phrag ;) What do you think? I know fischeri can be autogamous so this seems like a good possibility to me

Attachments

• 20200401_085230.jpg
    20200401_085230.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200401_085217.jpg
    20200401_085217.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 45
That doesn't show enough fischeri, and Mem. Ann Stuckey should look nothing like that. It should be pale with longer curly lateral sepals and dorsal.

Oh well, perhaps mine is incorrectly identified. My tag
states (pearcei 'White Magic' x 'Silver Eagle 'Chastity').
The tag is faded so I'm not sure about the 'Chastity'.

Eric, you are exactly right. The Phrag I have
blooming is Asuko Fischer 'Waunakee' x Waunakee
Sunset 'Cherry'. The color is now fully developed
and is a rather beautiful shade of pink/melon with
excellent form. Acker's Sunbeam to be exact.

Orchid Inn or Orchids Limited? I know it is a genetic gamble but I would expect a lot more red influence from 'Rob's Choice"
I am sure you saw the original posting below:
https://www.orchidweb.com/orchids/p...eann-hot-hot-hot-x-besseae-robs-choice-am-aos

Oh yes, my mistake! Thanks MaxC, Orchids Limited. I ordered flasks recently, so I have OI on my mind. It doesn't fall into the spectrum of red influence I would expect of those other Waunakee Sunsets from that link. Just tried selfing it today, we will see!

Latest posts

Back