Phrag. andreettae 'Fox Valley' (x self)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a plant photo of the one I showed in bud and a flower photo as well. This plant and one of the remaining two in bud have been sold to a fellow ST'er, which leaves one plant in bud remaining. Given the size of the inflorescence and bud, I'd expect it to bloom in 2-3 weeks. And I have one more just spiking which should bloom in 3-4 weeks. We've seen some really nice flowers in this group.

Attachments

• Pha-1.JPG
    Pha-1.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Pha-2.JPG
    Pha-2.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 46
Hi Rich,

The first bloom seedlings have been very consistent in terms of form and color. If we ran across one that was so superior to the rest and had not already been sold, we'd probably keep it for breeding, because the nicely formed/colored ones are hard to find. BTY - Enjoyed your visit last week. Let me know when you'll be in Chicago again.

Here's a plant photo of the one I showed in bud and a flower photo as well. This plant and one of the remaining two in bud have been sold to a fellow ST'er, which leaves one plant in bud remaining. Given the size of the inflorescence and bud, I'd expect it to bloom in 2-3 weeks. And I have one more just spiking which should bloom in 3-4 weeks. We've seen some really nice flowers in this group.
Very nice. I really like the color. I’d be interested in one. How much?

Hi Rich,

The first bloom seedlings have been very consistent in terms of form and color. If we ran across one that was so superior to the rest and had not already been sold, we'd probably keep it for breeding, because the nicely formed/colored ones are hard to find. BTY - Enjoyed your visit last week. Let me know when you'll be in Chicago again.
Just bustin' on the andreettae comment. :).... I'll definitely hit you up next time I'm in town.

Yes the visit was awesome. I planted up one of the besseae seedlings in the 4" square mesh pot. We'll see how well that goes... and I sprinkled in some sphagnum to see if it grows as naturally for me as it does for you.

Very nice. I really like the color. I’d be interested in one. How much?
Hi Southern Belle,

Unfortunately, we are now sold out of the ones in bud but still have a good supply of the blooming sized ones that should be spiking in 6 weeks or so. You can order those directly from the FVO website for $45/ea plus shpg. Our normal shipping day is Tuesday, so if you can get the order done today or tomorrow, I'll make sure it goes out with the other orders shipping that day.

Thanks, Tom

Latest posts

Back