Phrag. Achental album 'Fall River'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a second bud on this plant and first bud was deformed...actually showing the inside of the bud through a
split in the side. What's up? Any ideas? The second bud appears to be showing the same defect. It's a healthy
plant, looks good, etc. Anybody bloomed this Phrag.?

A photo would help, but I have nothing to take a photo with. The bud is slit all the way from top to bottom and I
can plainly see something in there that isn't a flower bud. I've never seen anything like this before...no insect damage,
healthy plant, normal spike and development until the bud split down one side. Have you heard of such a thing
before. The plant came from Woodstream.

Here the hybrid, created in the valley of Tiroler Ache.
Phrag Tiroler Ache = richteri X Hanne Popow
Here the typical color and the yellow form.

Attachments

• Phragmipedium Tiroler Ache - Jersey X richteri Budapest 2012.jpg
    Phragmipedium Tiroler Ache - Jersey X richteri Budapest 2012.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Phragmipedium Tiroler Ache 'Franz' 'SM-DOG 2022- Jersey x richteri d.jpg
    Phragmipedium Tiroler Ache 'Franz' 'SM-DOG 2022- Jersey x richteri d.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 1
  • Phragmipedium Tiroler Ache 'Franz' 'SM-DOG 2022- Jersey x richteri a.jpg
    15.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Phragmipedium Achental - richteri X Hanne Popow.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Thank you for the photos ORG. I wonder if the hot temps. here last summer might have affected the plant. The gh
didn't really get much over 80F and very humid and lots of air movement. Perhaps a genetic problem? My tag
says Achental album 'Fall River'. Is that the yellow form or more a cream color?

Just1more, I'm giving this plant one more bloom cycle to improve or it can join the compost.

Last edited:
I function quite well without a constantly buzzing/ringing in my pocket. I see smartphones as an aggravation rather than
an advantage. I enjoy my peace and quiet in the woods...no neighbors, 100 acre property with no people.

I function quite well without a constantly buzzing/ringing in my pocket. I see smartphones as an aggravation rather than
an advantage. I enjoy my peace and quiet in the woods...no neighbors, 100 acre property with no people.
You do realize you can press one button and the phone makes no noise at all? And that the excellent camera enables you to snap photos of everything you see, thereby instantly to share with others? My ringer is never on. I do not use the vibrate mode. No one who gets a smart phone ever regrets it.

Why this pressure to do what I don't want or need to do? Brucher, I've done extensive research on smartphones and concluded that I don't want or need one. I don't need constant communication and spam crap all the time.

$2 for what Eric?

The Achental finally got its act together on the second bloom. However, last blooming was all white. This
blooming has some pink in the dorsal and petals and the shape is a bit wonky. I hope to see improvement on the
next flower. I'd almost trade you for some DB if you have any...not. :>)

Tony, I not quite sure I am sane, but determined not to buy into what most people want that I don't need.

Last edited:
Back