Phals...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
2 phals in bloom now..
The first one:
A 'bellina' which did not turn out to be violacea but also did not turn out to be bellina... I bought it from a nurseryman who sort of specializes in species (amboinensis and bellina), primary hybrid and novelty phals. What do you think it is?:confused: Amboinensis, lueddemanniana or a hybrid? Anyway, it is very nice so I'm keeping it. :D Luckily I did not pay a very nigh price for something else and got this instead..
P_bellina2.jpg

P_bellina3.jpg

The plant when it was in bud. I think the leaves are very rounded for amboinensis:
IMG_2064.jpg

Second plant, Phal cornu-cervi:
One of my most favourite phals and definitely the easiest one to grow and flower. Likes being on the drier and brighter side compared to other phals. This is the 1st flower on the third spike.
P_ccervi2.jpg

:D

Both are very pretty. There's allot of variation in the species you suspect are in the top flower.

It looks like there are no hairs on the lip. But thats allot more striping than a typical amboiensis. Maybe inscriptiosinensis ??

Latest posts

Back