Phalaenopsis Younghome Melody

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
I really like this Phalaenopsis Younghome Melody. Striking flowers. Interestingly the first flower has heavily blotched markings which diminish on each subsequent flower. The last flower barely has any markings on it. I dare say that this would be frowned upon by orchid judges.

Also a closeup of the wonderful Phal Chian Xen Piano 'CX339' FCC/AOS

Last edited:
they are spectacularly coloured.
The first one is weird with the colour fade - will that change with flower aging?

No I think those colours/markings are pretty set. It is the first time I have flowered it so it will be interesting to see if this continues to happen. The flowers aren't so variable in this link and are much darker. Maybe it is a cultural issue (temperature). The flowers developed during the hot summer weather, especially the last few flowers.

http://www.yhorchids.com/inner.php?data_nav=357&page_type=products&id=1077&ver=en

Both are very beautiful and you photographed them well.
I've seen the first variety with even markings all around, but I believe there markings are not very stable.
I like the diminishing effect too.

The second one, why don't you take a photo showing multiple flowers?
I've seen one and it was just stunning!!!

I have experienced this before. It's the combination of light and temperature. Specifically. More light will give you darker markings.

The second one, why don't you take a photo showing multiple flowers?
I've seen one and it was just stunning!!!

It actually only has four flowers and they aren't displayed very well. But you asked for it. :) This is the 2nd flowering from this spike this season and the plant is still small. These are amazing when the plant is strong and is flowered well.

I have experienced this before. It's the combination of light and temperature. Specifically. More light will give you darker markings.

The flower buds developed in pretty bright light. They were sitting next to my multi-floral Paphs. The spike is so tall on this one that I need to put it on the top bench.

I should have said that this is the 2nd flowering on the same spike for the season. The first flowering was in September (spring). The buds in the second flowering have developed at much warmer temperatures during summer. I can't remember what the flowers were like in the first flowering. I don't remember a distinction between the flowers.

Thank you, this shot is amazing against the black background!!!
Very unique and beautiful flowers.

It actually only has four flowers and they aren't displayed very well. But you asked for it. :) This is the 2nd flowering from this spike this season and the plant is still small. These are amazing when the plant is strong and is flowered well.

Found an example of harlequin/spots that change from difference in growing environment. Oldest flower bloom indoor - and newest flower bloom in the greenhouse. This is very common for this type of flower since Phal Chian Xen Pearl - a hybrid of Phal Ching Hua Spring x Phal Nobby's Pink Lady - registered in 2002.

82e3d5e387cd91fa15dda78302dd2e92.jpg

59bfe035d9196f8731a7fe1220b30c0f.jpg

db29e50499c342dd7fdc7d051d26ada0.jpg

Back