4 Phalaenopsis Awards at Dallas Judging Center

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
4 Phalaenopsis Awards at Dallas Judging Center

Phalaenopsis Tying Shin Eastern Star 'Orchid Konnection' HCC/AOS
(Phalaenopsis Sogo Genki X Phalaenopsis Yu Pin Easter Island)

exhibited by Orchid Konnection

16dcde301f9105f74c99d8fc3d68c373.jpg

This is awarded to Meir Moses on Saturday March 12, 2016 at Dallas Judging Center.
Flower size 9.1 cm NS, 8.5 cm NSV

"8 flat flowers and 3 buds on one strong arching inflorescence"

Phal Phalaenopsis Ming-Hsing White Snow 'Orchid Konnection' AM/AOS 86 points
(Phalaenopsis Taisuco Kaaladian X Phalaenopsis Cygnus)

98f874694ef9d78fe0846c668b8fadf2.jpg

14.3 cm NS. 10.8 cm NSV
"5 flowers and 7 buds on one well shingled inflorescence"

Meir Moses made this cross in 2010.

Phalaenopsis Princess Kaiulani 'Chin Yo' AM/AOS (88 points)
Phalaenopsis Princess Kaiulani 'Chin Yo' CCM/AOS (87 points) 2016/03/13

"Fourteen full, flat, vibrantly colored, very fragrant flowers and 6 buds on 4 inflorescencs; sepals and petals vivid yellow.. plants has 3 pairs of leaves, measures 39 cm W, 31 cm L, 22 cm ? grown in sphagnum in a 17 cm plastic pot"

80a94df215bcf2888c44e0e066b034d8.jpg

A white phal AM with 86 points and less than half the buds open (12 in total)..............

I think that judges felt enough flowers have opened for them to determine the spacing arrangement to judge the flower quality. It's not absolutely required for more than half flowers to be opened.

I think that judges felt enough flowers have opened for them to determine the spacing arrangement to judge the flower quality. It's not absolutely required for more than half flowers to be opened.

I suppose my point was that I saw white phalies at the Tokyo Dome show like this with over 25 flowers to the spike.

It's never just about the number of flowers. It's about individual flower quality as well.
I did not see this white flower in person. I didn't go to judging. But judging from the photos. It is award quality.

It's never just about the number of flowers. It's about individual flower quality as well.
I did not see this white flower in person. I didn't go to judging. But judging from the photos. It is award quality.

They wouldn't even of looked at it at my areas judging center, unless it has more than 50% of the flowers open. Than if it does, it gets low balled from there. watched it happen many of times, and now one of those same plants has an FCC lol! I always loved how sporadic judges across the country can be at times.

Back