Phalaenopsis stuartiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Greenorchid

After a few months waiting, here's my Phalaenopsis stuartiana finally in bloom :)

Phalaenopsis stuartiana

pstuartiana006qd2.jpg

I got a stuart 'Sogo' HCC/AOS from Acker's at the Fall show in Milwaukee with a huge spike and it didn't open any flowers until late winter. Just finishing blooming now. I've never known a phal to do that Cattleya like delay. A keeper though!

-Ernie

Thanks all :)

@Ernie, also mine was quite slow... the spike started in the fall, early winter, and bloom just now...:snore:

congrats, nice flower. previously the flowers on mine were a little slow to open but this year when the buds started I put it into the newer area that has alot more humidity and space for spike to grow. main thing is that it was a fair amount cooler than the other places and it also took quite a while to open up. so, wondering if being on the cool side helps to cause them to open very slowly (?)

I've noticed that the buds have begun to grow faster when I have put the plant in a place with more brightness and air circulation, although humidity was lower. I was a little bit worried for the ''aggressive'' action of the fan, instead the plant has worked better :)
Moreover, I'm sure that the general increase of the temperature in this period has contributed to the greater development of the buds...

Latest posts

Back