• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phalaenopsis sanderiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abax

In Remembrance 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rather desperately trying to locate this species Phal. I've looked
at several Phal. vendors and can't find even a mention of this species.
Anybody have any good ideas? Mediocre ideas?

Okay, I need to do at least one good deed per week to keep my soul here on earth....

Check on Ebay(laorchidjohn). He has one for $16 with very very reasonable shipping.

BTW, he also has Phal. hainanensis that you said you would like to have. Now I am good for two weeks.

Thank you, Tom. I checked ebay last night and the sanderiana auction
had ended. I'll look again this evening for the sander. and the hainanensis.
Maybe I'll get lucky.

I checked ebay last night and the sanderiana auction
had ended.

Nope! Did you really check? laorchidjohn still has it on ebay and there are more than two days left. The auction started almost two days ago and will end on this Friday.

Or you can directly contact John via email address given in the Louisiana Orchid Connection webpage. I'm receiving 7 relatively uncommon Phal species from John this week! And this is the last purchase of this year (too cold for shipping to AK). I didn't notice that P. sanderiana is difficult to find in the US, but you are right, there aren't so many places selling this.

I wonder which one of you is right! :p My 2 year old son insists that I have to wear pink converse chucks. But some of my friends make fun of it.

I'm sorry naoki. Sometimes I can tell a male from a female by "handles",
sometimes I can't. Your 2 year old is the fashion police!!!??? I do like
the idea of pink Converse.

There NYEric, I changed it to "person" to be politically correct. Nag, nag!

I looked through ALL the Phal. listings on ebay and couldn't find the sanderiana. Here's an interesting question: why silk orchids? Am I the
only person who thinks fake orchids are a bit strange?

I looked through ALL the Phal. listings on ebay and couldn't find the sanderiana.

You're kidding me, right? No wonder NYEric is pulling your chain all the time.

You have been buying on ebay and you should know how to find that seller..., You can also google laorchidjohn, it will lead you to his ebay store. and I am not going to post a link here even if it is okay for the forum. You just work on it by yourself from there.

Now my good deed is done for the month. Good luck!

Hurtful? You call that hurtful? Please get some skin, Angela. My responding can't be worse than what you said here (ST) behind my back about that OSF blue Phal. photo, and at least I was right about that photo. You are not even able to be honest to yourself, so don't go there!

I'm sorry naoki. Sometimes I can tell a male from a female by "handles",
sometimes I can't. Your 2 year old is the fashion police!!!??? I do like
the idea of pink Converse.

There NYEric, I changed it to "person" to be politically correct. Nag, nag!

I looked through ALL the Phal. listings on ebay and couldn't find the sanderiana. Here's an interesting question: why silk orchids? Am I the
only person who thinks fake orchids are a bit strange?

Angela, no, you were right, and Eric wasn't.

Well, I know people who appreciate flowers which never die (or grow).

Tom, I wouldn't assume that everyone is good at web surfing.

Here is the link to P. sanderiana. You won't find it if you search with Phalaenopsis sanderiana, but you find it if you search with phal sanderiana.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phal-sanderiana-/321204229736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac9439668

Here is the link to other items which he has:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/laorchidjoh...h=item4ac9439668&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Here is LOC's website:
http://laorchid.com/main/
They are pretty well known among people interested in Phal species. You can send your wish list since the web listing is not updated. I don't have any financial connection with them, other than as a customer.

I will look again. Thank you.

Dear AlaskaPerson, please let me know how your plants look. I'm not
familiar with this vendor.

They arrived safely without getting frozen. They are all healthy as expected, and I'm pretty happy about them.

Attachments

• P9120005.jpg
    P9120005.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 11
Thank you, naoki. I found laorchidconnection and wrote to them. He said
he only had seedlings, so I have a bid on the one on ebay which is an
established seedling. Mr. Lin also loves sanderiana and has some seedlings
that have just been repotted. I'm gonna grab two of them when they're
ready for selling.

I love your Phal. selection and the plants look great. I particularly like the
mounted plants. I grow most of my Phals. mounted. I wish I could read those
tags!

Just in passing, I was so desperate because the large sander. I've had for
over ten years and been a very faithful bloomer just died. I have no
idea why. It's like losing an old friend. I got just a tad hysterical. :>(

That's too bad you lost your P. sanderiana, but it sounds like you will be able to get one. The plants I got are (clockwise from top left): Phal. cornu-cervi (chattalade, but no confirmation of lineage to the original plant), P. bellina (with more natural-looking form than most of the US distributed bellina), P. hainanensis (or stobartiana now?), P. reichenbakiana, P. parishii alba, P. mentawai (or P. violaceae var. mentawai), and P. cochlearis. I'm hoping tha mentawai will be relatively pure.

REALLY nice selection, naoki. I can't wait to see all of them in bloom.
What fun you're going to have bringing these beauties to maturity.

Did you email Charles? I emailed and got an answer the next morning.

Latest posts

Back