phal violacea alba (from top's orchids)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a phal violacea alba that I got from Top's Orchids quite a while ago as a single-seedling flask (or maybe it was a four-plant flask and I traded a few with other people). I had the outcross record from them but don't remember exactly now. The flower is always fairly large and smells very nice; also the white is very white and has green tips. Another violacea alba that will likely flower within a week is more of a creamy white and has some green in it, and though the flowers aren't as large there are usually more of them.

phalviolalbatops1.JPG

standard shot

phalviolalbatops2.JPG

side view of the lip and column

I have a feeling that there will be an outcross made between this one and the next one to flower! :)

very nice!! I have always wanted one...can you send it to me :poke:

well, I *Can*... I just don't know that I *Will*... :wink:

i do think that I'm going to try an outcross between this one and the next to flower and then hopefully I'll have some seedlings. Or, could try some keiki paste on the flower stem

That's really beautiful, does it stay greenish the whole time it is flowering?

it is actually slightly whiter than this in reality, and it does stay that way for most of the time except for when it starts fading. It does have the green tint through it slightly and more to the edges. it was purchased as a violacea alba from a place that sells bellinas as violaceas (var borneo) ; I have seen people say that they don't think there are bellina albas though some plants are sold as such (I don't know why there wouldn't be a bellina alba if there are violacea albas) but this one smells like fruit loops which is the same fragrance I think as bellina. the tag will stay as violacea alba until at some point if I send in a flower to be identified and they tell me it is something else or not....

Back