phal species 'montage'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
we've had a few mini- heat waves between chilly spells, so my phal species think it's summer. often I have lots of things in flower during the time of year when we have no meetings! :( I took a collection of snapshots and I'm going to post them together. if anyone would like a closer look I can take a closeup. I've got a few others coming into flower so may add a few more. keep in mind these were all handheld snapshots, so some are a little shaky

pluedddtiger510.JPG

phal lueddemanniana 'Dark Tiger' a little shaky; usually has more flowers, slightly fragrant

pamboinensis510.JPG

a standard 'white' form amboinensis from peter lin, slightly fragrant

paphrodite510a.JPG

an aphrodite, standard form, from dwayne lowder of dowery orchids

paphrodite510b.JPG

very vigorous plant, has tried to flower several times despite plague of mealybugs. finally has buds that made it to flowering

pfimbriata510.JPG

fimbriata from dowery orchids; likes tons of water and then sharply drying. (monsoon conditions followed by strong winds) also slightly fragrant

pkunstleri510.JPG

kunstleri from dowery orchids, has wonderful lemon fragrance!

pvenosa510.JPG

phal venosa from andy's orchids. was huge mounted plant when sold to me, now a large, potted plant. didn't take the first transition to a pot well, but with changes is now getting quite large again. likes standard in-home temps; not too hot or bright, can dry a little between waterings. see the huge, fat roots? often a good sign that a plant can take some drying between waterings (thick roots can hold a little more water)

Nice collection. Your pics are why I have increased my phal species collection. THanks.

wow,how did you managed to flower them altogether?they're very beautiful!

thanks. most of them do flower when it is warmer here, and since we had an early warm spell after it has been cool for awhile, I think they were all triggered to start flowering. there are a few more plants like phal violacea alba and later lindenii that are in bud or starting to spike. reminds me there is a phal parishii that is starting to flower

Latest posts

Back