phal reichenbachiana and other phal species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was some sunlight this morning, and I was scheduled for the later shift today (and this whole weekend) so I took some pictures of some of my phalaenopsis species that are flowering. I was glad to see the reichenbachiana flowering again, though not so pleased to see more mealybug on it (sigh). One of my pics shows an interloper right above the lip, which I didn't see before I took the pictures. My phal violacea alba and cornu cervi alba were also flowering but the flowers don't look that nice. All of these species are from southeast asia and the reichenbachiana is fairly rare. The yellow phal deliciosa is a very faithful bloomer and usually has two spikes or more when flowering.

phalreichenbachiana610a.JPG

closeup of phal reichenbachiana 'OrchidPhile' CHM/AOS

phalreichenbachiana610b.JPG

phalspecies610a.JPG

closeup of phal pulchra

phalspecies610b.JPG

phalspecies610c.JPG

phal deliciosa yellow variety (or phal hookeriana)

phalspecies610d.JPG

phal equestris

Very nice. I'd forgotten how saturated the colour is on pulchra. It's beautiful! I must find another one sometime. Mine was killed in the freeze. That reichenbachiana is super too!

I think just the reichenbachiana and pulchra are fragrant. I was told that the pulchra fragrance could fill a warm, sunny greenhouse but I've never smelled it that strongly. Equestris and deliciosa don't really have any fragrance that I've been able to detect

Latest posts

Back