Quantcast

phal mannii and phal cornu-cervi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
i bought these 2 on monday morning and i repotted them into hydroton (no reservoir, watering a couple times a week works for me). healthy plants for sure =) the cornu-cervi definitely appears to be blooming size (there are just as many roots down below as leafs up top, not to mention they are huge, averages about 3/4 cm in diameter) and the mannii is a little small so i dun think it will be blooming until a little while later; how big do they get anyways? i've actually never seen a real blooming specimen for me to compare so i dunno. can anyone tell/show me?

this is a pic of them two

and these pics are of my mannii, i love the pigmentation around the crown

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Mannii doesn't have to be real big to bloom. I suspect yours is about a year from blooming size. I don't know about the other.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
heyhey thanks for the heads up ^^ someone mentioned to me that mannii is a mini so it shouldnt be too long, yeh!!

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
thank u, slipperfan
anither question
i tend to notice that the leaves of the cornu-cervi tend to be long and elliptical in shape, but the new leaves that grew are fairly round, there any reason for it?

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
thanks bellas
the vendor i got them for grew them in a basement under lights, so i guess her lights are due for a change, haha. where i have them should should be perfectly fine ^^

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
Bellas is right, cornu cervi likes more light then most phal species,

Kyle

rdlsreno

Reaction score
Very nice plant and your planting method is very informative!!!

Ramon:)

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
haha ramon, ya. i dun like much of the fancy stuff. they both are still in great shape--both the manni and the cc is growing new roots =) i'll update with pics when u get some blooms ^^

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
the cornu-cervi blooms

for those who did follow this thread back then, thank you. my cornu-cervi has finally bloomed flower #1 =) more flowers to come but i guess i should show and tell this for now ^^

the mannii on the other hand might still be a little young so it doesnt look like it wants to bloom yet, but thatz ok. slow and easy wins the race as it is always said

well here's the picture i took this morning after i watered it

B

biothanasis

I can't see the first photos, too... But I can enjoy the last one... Excellent flowering...!!!!!!!!!!

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
heyhey sry, the links must've been broken when i was shifting the photos around but there they are anyways:

there is a pic of both of them

and these are the pics of the mannii and the pigmentation

and now the update is this pic

Latest posts