phal doweryensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my newest plant of phal doweryensis has flowered twice; this is the first flower taken a few weeks ago

pdoweryensis1.JPG

pdoweryensis2.JPG

pdoweryensis3.JPG

can't detect any fragrance though I thought it was supposed to have some
I had to keep moving the plant/pot so the spike would grow away from the potting media, and then to not hit other pots. had to put a plant tag underneath the beginning spike until it reached the edge of the pot
i've also figured out how to keep the plant alive and happy; I almost killed the first plant though it is doing much better
  1. don't let the plant dry out
  2. keep up the fertilizer especially with somewhat higher phosphorus and calcium - plants and flower spikes that grow rapidly need higher phosphorus and to a degree more calcium on a regular basis
  3. don't let the plant dry out!

also have celebensis and maculata, both which are very hard to find anywhere else. dwayne lowder the proprietor has excellent plants and usually when you buy something you are getting a plant for that price, not a seedling (unless listed as such). I have purchased a great many from him and often they arrive in spike or flower! He won't sell a plant if he has any question as to it's condition; i've begged him to sell me a plant that he only had a few last ones of, even though it had a bad leaf or something like that because he didn't want to sell something that wasn't in great shape

Latest posts

Back