Phal. cornu-cervi v. chattaladae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsorchids

Reaction score
Still a small plant blooming for the first time. What I have found most interesting has been watching the color develop in the buds. The color starts out as spots and stripes that come together to form the solid red.

330tvsi.jpg

Susan

Beautiful flowers! How big is it? I hope my plant will bloom out as beautiful as yours! How do you grow it? Temperature? - day and night, humidity, etc...

Paphman910

Nice! I was surprised at how small the flowers are.

Dot, cornu-cervi flowers vary from 2-5cm high. The larger ones usually have poor shape and colour though. Although small, they are ever-blooming. Spikes continue to rise, one after the other as the plant grows and there is a sweet fragrance in the morning..

Dot, cornu-cervi flowers vary from 2-5cm high. The larger ones usually have poor shape and colour though. Although small, they are ever-blooming. Spikes continue to rise, one after the other as the plant grows and there is a sweet fragrance in the morning..

Oh -- I'll have to check that! Thanks.

How do you grow it? Temperature? - day and night, humidity, etc...

I grow inside under T5 fluorescent lights (4-bulb 48 inch fixture). Temperatures can get in the 60s F in the winter for a low and up to about 85 F for a high in the summer. Humidity runs generally 50-60%. I don't really track the specifics since I have few options to control them.

How big is it?

The total plant spread is about 5.5 inches (about 14 cm). The flower vertical dimension is about 3.5 cm.

Do you have a photo of the developing flower?

Here is a photo of the next bud developing.

20gbgcy.jpg

Susan

Latest posts

Back