Pecteilis susannae - FINALLY!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whole plant (1 meter in height from the base of the plant to the tip of the spike). Definitely not one for the windowsill... :p
IMG_2815.jpg

Fantastic job growing this baby...now that's how you do it! Any hints about your technique would be most appreciated.

Regarding the issue of wild collected v.s. propagated plants - if you got plants from a SE Asian source they all are certainly wild collected. I believe seed was grow by Troy Myers (if my faulty memory serves) and some seedlings got out that way, but be sure the lion's share on the market are wild sourced.

So Eric, on the windowsill in a frying pan then? :D

Fantastic job growing this baby...now that's how you do it! Any hints about your technique would be most appreciated.

Regarding the issue of wild collected v.s. propagated plants - if you got plants from a SE Asian source they all are certainly wild collected. I believe seed was grow by Troy Myers (if my faulty memory serves) and some seedlings got out that way, but be sure the lion's share on the market are wild sourced.

So Eric, on the windowsill in a frying pan then? :D

Thanks, Tom. I believe Brett got flasks out of Thailand as well. Regarding culture, I find this species gives 2 new growths every year (both the new and old tubers produce new growth in the next season). So at the end of dormancy, I separate the tubers, spacing them out a bit to allow ample space for the leaves to grow. That's how I got 6 plants in this pot (the middle one that's flowering surrounded by 5 others). There are two tubers in other pots. I started with 1 tuber, so it doubled every year as I have had it for 3 years now.

Well done! I had one. Someone threw it way when they saw the "empty" pot full of dirt.

Back