Parvi Party

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
5 of my 6 Parvi's currently in bloom. #6 opened a few days after this photo was taken.

Clockwise from bottom left:

Paph. Liberty Taiwan 'Charlie'
Paph. delenatii
Paph. armeniacum 'Hope'
Paph. (Memoria Larry Heuer x micranthum) 'Omentum'
Paph. Fumi's Delight

10868.jpg

That's a lovely parade !! :drool: :drool: :drool:
Each of them is a beauty and all are very well cultivated. Please pass my praise to your gardener!! :D

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

WOW!! Great show!! All are lovely and very well grown!! I really like the deep pots the P Liberty Taiwan'Charlie and P. Fumi's Delight are in!! Thanks for sharing the party!

:clap::clap:AWESOME PARTY !!! :drool::drool::drool:
:clap::clap: Well done John! That Liberty Taiwan is spectacular!

Thanks all!

WOW!! Great show!! All are lovely and very well grown!! I really like the deep pots the P Liberty Taiwan'Charlie and P. Fumi's Delight are in!! Thanks for sharing the party!

The "pots" are cheap, 9 oz, plastic drinking glasses, purchased from the grocery store! They're just the right size for this size of plant. They last for years and you can watch the root growth because the glasses are crystal clear. I just use a sharp pair of scissors to cut a couple slivers from around the bottom edge for drainage. For larger plants, I often use clear, plastic tubs, purchased from the deli counter at the grocery store.

Very nice lineup. I like the drinking glass idea as well. I've been using Ball brand plastic freezer containers. They are narrow and deep and I use a soldering iron to burn holes for drainage. They are thick walled enough to be sturdy and reuseable.

beautiful

Thanks all!

The "pots" are cheap, 9 oz, plastic drinking glasses, purchased from the grocery store! They're just the right size for this size of plant. They last for years and you can watch the root growth because the glasses are crystal clear. I just use a sharp pair of scissors to cut a couple slivers from around the bottom edge for drainage. For larger plants, I often use clear, plastic tubs, purchased from the deli counter at the grocery store.

A beautiful group John.
I use the same "pot" suppliers as you. For larger Home Depot paint dept. is good.
Carl

When you guys use those drinking cups for pots, do you vary the size of your media at all? Like, using larger pieces at the bottom, smaller stuff higher up?

Fantastic party, I wanna be invited. :clap:

Wow! What an eye-popping display! You must be doing everything just right!

Latest posts

Back