parvi hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
here are two parvis hybrids I bought cheap and unflowered to test some substrate.

This is Woessner Vietnam Gold (armeniacum x vietnamense):

20090216-155755-918.jpg

Terrible shape it has but a nice, non-fading soft butter yellow colour. Flower lasted only a couple of weeks since it got water in its pouch.

This is Burki (Armeniwhite x emersonii):

20090216-160209-898.jpg

Quite emersonii-heavy, at least much more than the one that has previously been posted here. I like the emersonii shape, I like the colour, the flower is HUGE and the dark purple spots inside the pouch are just sweet. This one's flowering for more than two month now.

Enjoy!

Regards, Carsten

the color of vietnamense is almost completely lost , the shape of the pouch is still vietnamense, and the pending petals of vietnamense are replaced by reflexing ones! I suppose that the armeniacum gold is stronger than apparent on this pict.!
I like the white coloring and the fine stami of Burki!!! Jean

Dot, no they got buds a few month after repotting.

Substrate test: some guy over here came up with the idea to test terrestrial (tuber) orchids in a stuff called Neudohum Pflanzerde. That is a peat-free, bark compost/coconut coir/fibre based compost for planting shrubs and perennials that has been incubated with microorganisms, in particular a Glomus fungus.

My 3 paphs show excellent growth in this stuff, much better than my other few parvi hybrids and species, but in my setup the pots stayed wetter than I wanted and I'm afraid I lost a few roots. I'll know soon since I need to repot.

Cheers, Carsten

Latest posts

Back