parishii with brown depressed spotting.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie11

Reaction score
I have noticed today that one of my paphs has some suspicious spotting on the newest leaf. Do I need to worry....?

2012-09-08175758.jpg

2012-09-08180010.jpg

My druryi & Prime Child have the same thing. Has the plant been heat stressed recently? That's what caused mine.

Thanks for replying. The weather here has been hot lately -up in the eighties so maybe that is the reason? I guess I should get a fan then.

i got the same problem with several paphs. I was thinking of mite's damage + secondary infecion

With mesophyl collapse I'd check the roots, repot and get more calcium into the system.
I water them with tap water which is 225ppm. I thought that that would be enough? I have oyster shell at home so I can add some to the mix. The roots are fine. I can see that there are a lot of bright new tips in the medium. Thanks for the advice Rick.

I water them with tap water which is 225ppm. I thought that that would be enough? I have oyster shell at home so I can add some to the mix. The roots are fine. I can see that there are a lot of bright new tips in the medium. Thanks for the advice Rich.

The Ca in your tap water should be fine unless potassium level in feed is high.

I feed a high N at 1/4 strength. I have just changed to a high pot- 1/4 strength- about two weeks ago so maybe that is the reason?

Latest posts

Back