Paphiopedilum tigrinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2017.jpg

Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2012.jpg

Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2013.jpg

Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2014.jpg

Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2015.jpg

Paphiopedilum%20tigrinum%2016.jpg

Lovely plant Ricky and I love the flower as well. Can't wait for my plant to prove that it is trully what the label says.

One remark though, you took time to make very pretty shots of the plant and flower. Why did you leave the old brown leaves on the plant?

Beautiful photos but I'd take off the dead leaves so they do not become disease vectors!

I stayed in Thailand one month ago and saw a lot of orchids in the wild (national parks), botanic gardens and nurseries. I felt the intensive heat and light, the dryness and heavy rain. I saw how "poor" the orchids look in the dry season but they were much stronger than we think. They were healthy, old and big.

Maybe in our culture "we care for them to their death". ;)

I stayed in Thailand one month ago and saw a lot of orchids in the wild (national parks), botanic gardens and nurseries. I felt the intensive heat and light, the dryness and heavy rain. I saw how "poor" the orchids look in the dry season but they were much stronger than we think. They were healthy, old and big.

Maybe in our culture "we care for them to their death". ;)

maybe, but plants out in nature are always some of the strongest ones
nothing coddles them outdoors so only the strong survive
also, the air circulation and whole ecosystem contribute to the health of the plant and that part is not well reproduced in a pot

Last edited:
Cool plant and flower. Happy you left the leaves on and happy as well about the watering and temps. Hell I got plants (somewhere out there) with dead leaves!

Latest posts

Back